This week Andi Lonnen, from ‘Andi Lonnen Business Associates’, who is speaking at the event on ‘How to Catapult Your Business Growth,’ brings you her ‘Top Ten Tips’ on the subject. Andi has a background as a Commercial Finance Director and is a fully qualified FCCA accountant, Andi Lonnen now delivers upbeat, highly practical and business focused financial training and coaching around the UK and beyond. Andi is also a Growth Coach for the national Growth Accelerator scheme assisting businesses obtain funding, vital for business growth.
Top Ten Tips to Catapult Your Business Growth.
- Where do you want to be? Dream big. Set your goals – what would phenomenal success look, sound and feel like for your business? When do you want to achieve this by? What did you go into business to do and achieve?
- Where are you now? What is the current situation for your business? Who are your current customers, how do you market to them, who are your competitors, what is your profitability – have a robust review of your current reality.
- Options & strategies. What options do you have to get you from where you are now to where you want to be? Select your strategies for growth from the options you’ve brainstormed. This forms the basis of your growth plan.
- Take action! Once your growth plans are in place, it’s time to DO something! Decide on your first step to get the ball rolling. What 20% of actions in your plan will achieve 80% of the results?
- Manage your cash. It’s easy to run out of cash in a growing business – money is tied up in your debtors (money due from customers) and stock and yet you need to be paying suppliers in the meantime. Produce and rigorously monitor a simple and effective cash flow forecast – obtain professional support if needed. Without cash, the business cannot invest and grow.
- Most profitable areas. Which are the most profitable revenue streams in your business? Keep a close eye and focus your attention on growing these.
- Monitor performance. Continually review your performance against plan. Are you achieving what you set out to do? If not, what corrective action can you take to get you back on track?
- Understand your numbers. If you read your figures properly, you really can see into the future of your company. Ask your accountant to explain the numbers to you or invest in some training.
- Invest in strong relationships. With your customers, staff, suppliers, partners, bank, investors, etc. The more people know, like and trust you, the faster and more successful your business growth will be.
- Maintain momentum. Remember that the end is result is worth the Herculean effort involved! Pace yourself, look after your health, build in some downtime with family and friends and you’ll stay sane throughout the process!
To find out more about this subject and many others including Social Media, Effective Sales, Managing Sickness Absence and Online v Offline Networking, register now to attend the conference at www.thriveyorkshire.co.uk.
Thrive Yorkshire is held on 25th September 2014 from 9am – 5pm at The Craiglands Hotel, Ilkley, LS29 8RQ.
Contact ‘Thrive Yorkshire’ on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow us on Twitter @thriveyorkshire and Facebook at facebook.com/thriveyorkshire for more updates and advice. For more information on Andi Lonnen Business Associates please visit www.andilonnen.co.uk or contact Andi on 07921 252 758 or email email@example.com.